Saturday, February 9, 2013

God Called An Angel Home

    Last Tuesday night we got the call that Pa (my father's father), had taken a turn for the worse. They didn't expect him to make it to the next morning.
    Pa had been in the Wilmore Veterans Center since late summer 2012. Between his diabetes, congestive heart failure, black lungs from working in the coal mines, and other health issues, he needed more care than Ma could give him.
    We left in a hurry that night to get to Wilmore, we made it into Lexington that night when we got another call, only this time to tell us he had just passed. Our hearts were broken! We drove on in that night to say our goodbyes and to be with Ma and some of the other family.


    We buried Pa on Saturday, but I tell you what we didn't bury, we didn't bury the memories and the love we have for him. Growing up Pa called me "Half Pint" from The Little House on the Prairie. I always saw Pa as a quite man with a bit of a sense of humor. I learned a lot about Pa during his passing, things I never knew, stories that were told of Pa's giving heart. 


    One story told of how Pa had saved a girl by digging her out with his hands from under a car that was on top of her. Another told of how God told Pa one Thanksgiving to go buy a turkey, he took it down the road to a woman and she told him she had been praying for a turkey all morning. My father also shared with me how Pa helped buy a bus to get people to church. So many people stood and told stories of Pa. Nobody on earth will ever know all the good deeds he done in his lifetime but God knows. We loved Pa and miss him very much but I believe with all my heart Pa has been rewarded greatly in heaven for being such a faithful servant and we wouldn't want anything more for him than that. Pa lived a great example of God's love for us. God truly blessed us with Pa's life!



No comments:

Post a Comment