Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Meet Gideon

    We've added a new member to our farm crew. Meet Gideon!

    A bright and spunky Great Pyrenees pup. With our growing flock, there was a need for another guard dog to protect the sheep out in the pasture and I'm pretty sure Gideon is up for the challenge.
  Dad and mom named him Gideon from the bible. According to the internet the name Gideon means "Destroyer" and "Mighty Warrior". I'd say that's pretty fitting for a guard dog. 
Don't let these brown eyes fool ya!
Once he made it to his new home, he moped around for a day or two but now Gideon is in full puppy mode. He's tried bossing the sheep into playing with him, he's even tried running off with one of the lamb bottles. 
   
Work Hard, Sleep Hard!

   

4 comments:

  1. he looks huge!!! And so very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's more fluff than anything! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pics. And love your dog! I have a son named Gideon. Do you spin Gideon's fur? I'll bet it'd be great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Kristin! I haven't spun any of Gideon's fur. He has shed a lot of his puppy coat now that its warmed up and has a shorter coat. I have heard that the great pyrenees has great fur to spin with. I'll definitely have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete