Saturday, December 29, 2012

Lambing Season Quickly Approaching

With lambing season quickly approaching I think about all the long cold days and nights we'll be having out in the lambing barn but I also think about all the sweet babies that will be born. There's nothing like snuggling those fuzzy little lambs!
This last lambing season I quickly became protective over our 70 lambs that were born. Between bottle feeding each of them 4 times a day for 30 days and running back and forth with them during play time, I felt a lot like their momma. It's been so much fun watching all these baby lambs grow and a lot of excitement in knowing that in a couple of months my babies will be having lambs of their own.
So for the next month I'd like to highlight some of the special moments with these precious girls from lambing season past. Hopefully this will also help keep us motivated on getting the lambing barn ready in time for lambing season 2013 :)


This is Esther aka my baby! Our first born from lambing season 2012. 

This was playtime. Esther loved the challenge of jumping on my back! This wasn't so bad until she got bigger!

This is Esther with our second lamb of the season Clementine. These two girls became pretty good friends.

 And this is what Esther looks like now. She's the one in the middle looking back at me.

1 comment:

  1. Call me crazy but i'm kinda looking forward to the long cold nights of kidding season. It's so peaceful at the barn in the middle of the night while you're waiting on babies, and all you hear are the goats chewing their cud. Of course it's also a relief when they are born in the middle of the day too, lol!

    ReplyDelete