Saturday, January 19, 2013

Catching Up..

    After all of us trying to get a little bit of everything done the past couple of weeks in between our daily farm chores, we finally feel like we're getting caught up and a lot accomplished. The past two weeks I've managed to get a couple of batches of soap made, and even hand milled a batch of sweet pea soap for Valentine's day.
     Dad got most of the lambing barn ready with some help from Daniel. Today, after putting the finishing touches on the barn,  mom, dad, Adam and I moved our older mommas to the barn. After all, they have to be there and ready for their haircuts on Tuesday when the shearers come bright and early. The younger ewes will be getting their wool sheared as well. They will be moved to the pasture next to the lambing barn hopefully tomorrow and then moved into the old barn after we get it ready.          
Dad & Daniel putting the last few fences up in the barn.  
   Adam and dad geared up and ready to get the momma's moved over to the barn.
 The girls were so excited they didn't know what to do first, eat or rub around on the fence.
     I made up my mind yesterday I was finally going to conquer the basics of crocheting. Thanks to my Aunt Reta who sent me some really useful you tube videos a few months ago that I hadn't found the time to get to yet. I finally made time to sit down and watch them, pause, and rewind, stop, crochet a little, pull it apart, and start over. After a couple of times through the videos and pulling my stitches apart, I think I've finally got it down pat!! I'm not a pro at it yet and don't ask me to make anything other than a scarf because even then it might take me a month to complete. I'm moving slow but I'll get there.
Thanks Aunt Reta!

No comments:

Post a Comment