Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Miracle

January 2, 2010, Dottie gave us our very first lamb here on the farm. Our first baby sheep!
It was an extremely cold Saturday morning, Dad went out early that morning to check on our six mommas that we had. There he found two lambs, the first one didn't make it even though they tried everything they could to save it. His brother, the second one born, was a survivor.

We named him Miracle.
I never realized how important it is for the momma to bond with her baby until we got the sheep. If the mommas don't accept their babies, those babies miss out on getting the colostrum they need from their mommas to help them survive.
Dad & mom look like some pretty proud parents here.
At the time I was still working outside the farm so I missed the morning surprise but I got to cuddle him when I got home.
We even had some family come to visit the new arrival.

No comments:

Post a Comment